Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pinks and Blues

The SweetStamps challenge this week is to use your favorite color(s).

 Anyone who knows me could guess- Pink or Blue....so I used both.  I want to describe how I made the background.
 I used Peerless Watercolors for the background- painted them on Watercolor Paper. I used Geranium Pink, Royal Crimson and Sky Blue..  One it dried, I stamped a portion of the script in Nassau Blue on the background-here and there. I used the Rose flower from the stencil and added embossing paste, then added some texture paste around the flower thru drywall tape.  I added some dots with White Dye ink and Nassau Blue.   I daubered ink over the embossing paste with Pink and Blue inks. The rose was painted with Peerless watercolors.
 A little Washi tape, burlap with Gesso and Nassau Blue ink and some ribbon finish off the card.

Items I used on the card from the SweetStamps store can be found here:

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful design, I love the background colors and what you did with the Rose stencil