Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy Penguin Card

Josette here.  Have you seen the new stamp sets that are being released next month.  Oh they are wonderful.  When I first saw the promo sheet, my happy dance started when I saw the penguins.  I always look for penguins as my sister just loves them and this one was Perfect.  Remember the stamp sets are available for pre-order and are on sale!!!!
Here is my card:

I used the same "formula" for this one as for my snowmen cards.  But there are a few differences.

Background was stamped, and the snowflakes colored with a gel pen in Silver and Clear Star.  Then the background was inked with Cracked Pistachio and Chipped China.  Lastly was sprayed with water for this wintery mix background.  Double click on image for a close up of the distressing. 

If you look close at the first penguin, when I added the water the ink ran.  No worries, stamped another, colored and fussy cut.  Using dimensional foam popped it over the Watery image.
Add Snow using modeling paste and sprinkled glitter into it while still well..
Added a few sequins, mounted it onto a card, Done!!
Be sure and stop by Sweet Stamps and check out all the new stamps. Start your New Year with inspiration.

Happy Crafting
Josette
Links:  All supplies are available at Sweet Stamps and I Heart Paper.
My blog:  Little Bits

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome card, the penguin looks to cool against the background and I love the added snow.

Sherrie K. said...

Could this be cuter?! Oh my gosh, I love it:)
Sherrie K