Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Lady in a Pocket Watch: A Card For You

Josette here with my Tuesday installment.  I have this lovely Locket Lady ATC from Sweet Stamps and have been trying to come up with the perfect card.  I think I did.  What do you think?
The image was stamped in two parts using a mask.  First I stamped onto a masking paper and then cut it out.  Next I placed the stamp on my MISTI.  Back to the masking piece, I removed the center of the mask, leaving just the pocket watch image on the mask.  This left an area open to stamp the women in Black ink.  This was then heat embossed with a clear embossing powder.  Back To the MISTI, I replaced the center of the mask (image of the lady) and removed the outer frame. I stamped this in   Versamark and heat embossed in fine Detail Gold embossing powder.

Using colored pencils, I colored the lady.  To color the back ground I used a light touch and Cracked Pistachio to ink the center area around the lady.  I fussy cut out the image and matted it onto a black oval mat and then finally a white frame that had been die cut.

Onto the background.  I used a stencil and inked it with I used Twisted Citron for the leaves and then Cracked Pistachio for the white area.  Using Gold Cardstock I cut a mat and adhered it to a black A2 Card base.

The image panel was added to the background, with fun foam.  All that was needed was a sentiment and ribbon.  Easy Peasy.  Don't you just love this stamp!!!

Until next week,
Happy Crafting
Josette
All supplies are available at:  Sweet Stamps

2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! The background stencil/inking is fabulous! I love the image and the coloring looks fantastic!
Sherrie K

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome, I love the background and the vintage look of the coloring on the lady. Gorgeous!!